This is HOW You Get “There”
This is HOW You Get “There”
If you’ve been listening (or watching us on YouTube) for a while, you’ve probably heard me talk about goals and achieving outcomes. Why do we focus on those things? Because who we become in the process is where we discover the real gold.
Goals and achievements are great. But what really excites and energizes me is the learning and self-development that occurs in achieving those goals. That’s where we find the richness and juiciness. It’s about so much more than ticking a box or achieving a goal.
And where does it start? Five years from today.
Imagine where you want to be five years from now.
What do you want your life to be like?
What will you be like?
What will you believe?
What sort of conversations will you have?
How will you spend your time?
How will you invest your energy and resources?
Try not to get stuck in the weeds. Start by considering the qualities you want to be present in your life. Think about the essence of how you’ll be in the world when you hit each goal.
With that five-years-in-the-future picture, reverse engineer what you need to do today to get where you want to be five years from now. Think about how you need to shift your focus and priorities to support the quality of life experience you want to have in five years.
Here are four tips to get you started in the direction of your dreams:
- Believe in yourself. You have everything you need inside of you to realize your dreams. It’s okay if you don’t yet believe that about yourself. If you can recognize success or the things you want in someone else, you’ll eventually be able to see them in yourself too.
- Trust yourself and the process. Stay committed to the process, and you’ll begin to see shifts in your life.
- Get into a state of allowing. Allow goodness and abundance to come into your life by focusing on the “what,” not the “how.” Focus on the essence of the outcome you want, and the “how” will become apparent in time.
- Take inspired action. Take action based on how your successful future self behaves and thinks. As you do this, the answers to the “how” will become more evident.
Ultimately, the “how” is not as important as you aligning with the qualities, beliefs, language, and states of the successful, future version of yourself.
You can totally do this! I support my clients in this every day!
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below
- Use the “I have a question” button
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
Links from today’s episode:
To help out the show:
I'm Brenda Terry. I'm a personal development trainer and master coach who works with go-getters like you who want to achieve big results in your business and personal life.
If you're excited and ready to play bigger in business and kill it in life, I help you identify and change beliefs, patterns, and behaviors that aren't supporting your goals so you can make more money, find more joy, better manage relationships, and communicate more effectively.
I'm here to help you make the powerful, effective shifts you're craving- faster than you ever thought possible.