What to Do When It’s
Time to Level-Up
What to Do When It’s Time to Level-Up
Are you in the midst of leveling up?
If you’re not sure, make sure you listen to last week’s episode (find it here).
Today’s episode is 2 of a 3-part series on leveling-up. Once you know you’re ready to level up (last week’s episode), you’ll be ready for this week’s episode where we discuss what to do in the leveling-up process.
Change is part of life — we were meant for change. And sometimes we seek to create change, and other times change happens to us.
For many, 2020 has been a year of forced change.
No matter how change happens, you have a choice about how you respond — you can be an active or an inactive participant in the change.
The inactive strategy carries attitudes and beliefs that look like this:
I’ll just go with the flow.
The universe will guide me.
I’m going to trust that everything will work out.
I’m just going to let things be.
If you’re ready to have input in your life and drive change in the direction you want to go, I have five tips for you.
- Make a plan.
- Even if you don’t know what you want the result of the transformation to look like, focus on how you want to feel on the other side.
- Then, identify and commit to doing 3 things to help you feel how you want to feel and work towards those things.
- Identify things you can start doing and things you can stop doing to help you achieve your goal.
- Validate your journey.
- This is an intentional time to validate your emotions, work through the grieving process, and practice forgiveness. (Remember, forgiveness is for you. The other person doesn’t even need to know that they have been forgiven.)
- Be careful not to get sucked into negative states. Know when it’s time to move on.
- Practice self-care.
I can’t overstate this. You can’t take care of anyone else well until you’ve tended to your needs first.
- Be patient with yourself and with the people in your world.
You’re going to be doing some reassessing and going through times of uncertainty, times when you’re not sure what to do next. Be patient and kind to yourself as you’re figuring things out.
- Expect good things and notice your language.
Drop statements like this, “I need to…” or “I should…” in favor of “I get to…” and “I will…” or “I can…” It seems like a little thing, but it will profoundly impact your sense of self-control and empowerment. You have choices in what you do and in how you respond.
In the end, to achieve the outcomes you want, you need to do two things:
- manage your state in the moment-to-moment experience
- focus on what you want
And when it’s all said and done, it will be clear that the pot of gold isn’t at the end of the rainbow but along the path of getting there.
The golden nuggets will be found in the process, not the destination.
WATCH THE VIDEO PODCAST HERE:
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below
- Use the “I have a question” button
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
Links from today’s episode:
- On Stress and Letting Go
- The Big Forgiveness Episode
- Five Daily Practices for Making It a Great Day
- Making a Self-Care Promise
- Download the transcript
To help out the show:
I'm Brenda Terry. I'm a personal development trainer and master coach who works with go-getters like you who want to achieve big results in your business and personal life.
If you're excited and ready to play bigger in business and kill it in life, I help you identify and change beliefs, patterns, and behaviors that aren't supporting your goals so you can make more money, find more joy, better manage relationships, and communicate more effectively.
I'm here to help you make the powerful, effective shifts you're craving- faster than you ever thought possible.